So, you are thinking about making the change to the teaching profession, but still not sure what to do first?
This visual of all the program components may help give you a better overview:
Steps to Teaching
Still have Questions?
Our most commonly asked questions and answers are posted here: FAQ
Ready to make an appointment?
Download the application here: Application
Call the office today and make your appointment for the Application Process, or schedule your appointment online.
During this appointment, here is what you will need to do:
- Bring a completed application to ACT
- Bring ALL your university transcripts
- View a short informational video that explains the program
- Take the Watson Glaser Critical Thinking Appraisal (about 45 - 60 minutes)
- Visit with a Program Coordinator to review application documents, teaching areas, and your score on the CT Appraisal
THEN...if everything checks out - you will be an approved applicant in our program and asked to pay your application fee. We will guide you through the next steps at that time and soon you will be on your way to becoming a certified teacher in Texas!